NACHIYAR THIRUMOZHI - 1

 NACHIYAR THIRUMOZHI - 1


PASURAM : 504 – 513


1.THAIORU THINGALUM


KANNANAI PERA KAAMANAI THOZHUDAL


We have seen earlier that Andal initiated and conducted the PAvai nOnbu to get Kannan as her husband by singing the 30 ThiruppAvai pAsurams. Yet she did not get the anubhavam of uniting with HIM. After a lot of thinking she decides to pray to Manmathan or kAman, as it is believed that his flower arrows have the power of uniting lovers. Hence she prays to him to get her united with her EmperumAn.


504.thai oru thingaLum tharai viLakkith thaN maNdalamittu mAsi munnAL
aiya nuNmaNal koNdu theru aNindhu azhaginukku alangariththu ananga dhEvA!
uyyavumAngolO enRu solli unnaiyum umbiyaiyum thozhudhEn
veyyadhOr thazhal umizh chakkarakkai vEngadavaRku ennai vidhikkiRRiyE (1)


504.  ManmadhanE!, throughout the month of Thai, I shall clean the floor and decorate with beautiful Kolams, for worshiping you. Then I shall fill the street with soft sand during the waning period of the first half of “MASI” month so that it feels soft for your feet. I shall fast and pray to you and to your brother sAman  asking ,  ”whether I will succeed”? I would request you both to help me in getting the opportunity to personally serve “Thiruvenkatamudaiyan”, who carries the ChakrAyudam which emanates hot fire sparks. (1)


505.veLLai nuNmaNaR koNdu theruvaNindhu * veLvaraippadhan munnam thuRai padindhu *

muLLumillAch chuLLi erimaduththu *

muyanRu unnai nORkinREn kAma dhEvA! **

kaLLavizh pUngkaNai thoduththuk koNdu * kadalvaNNan enbadhOr pEr ezhudhi *

puLLinai vAy piLandhAn enbadhOr *

ilakkinil puga ennai eykitRiyE (2)


505. KAmadhevA!, after spreading and decorating the path that you will come through with white pure silt , I shall bathe in the riverbed before dawn. Seeking your help, I will try and  do yagnam offering  ,dry sticks (முள்ளில்லா  சுள்ளி) devoid of thorns, into the fire and perform the Nonbu. In return you will have to help me Unite with the blue hued “Thirumal”, by writing HIS name on the  honey dripping flower arrows and targeting and shooting at the One who burst open bakAsuran’s (crane) mouth. (2)


506.maththa nan naRumalar murukka malar koNdu muppOdhum unnadi vaNangi
thaththuvamili enRu nenjerindhu vAsagaththazhiththu unnai vaidhidAmE
koththalar pUngaNai thoduththukkoNdu gOvindhan enbadhOr pEr ezhudhi
viththagan vEngadavANan ennum viLakkinil puga ennai vidhikkiRRIyE (3)


506. In order to become one with “Lord ThiruvengadanAthan”, I prayed at your feet performing  the Nonbu, offering flowers like Umatham and Murukkam , at all three times of the day like morning, noon and evening. Do not give a chance for me to say with a boiling heart, scolding you and pronouncing that “you are a liar”. Make an arrow of flower bouquet and meditating HIS name “Govinda” in my heart ,please let me  unite me with the astounding Light called “VenkatanAthan”. (3)


507 suvaril purANa! nin pEr ezhudhich *

suRavanaR kodikkaLum thurangkangkaLum *

kavarip piNAkkaLum karuppu villum *

kAttith thandhEn kandAy kAma dhEvA! **

avaraip pirAyam thodangki * enRum

Adhariththu ezhundha en thadamulaigaL *

thuvaraip pirAnukkE sangkaRpiththuth * thozhudhu vaiththEn ollai vidhikkitRiyE (4)


507. Oh glorious Manmatha since ancient times, I have written your name on the walls, further I have dedicated drawings of flags with sharks, horses, beautiful damsels with fans (சாமரம்) and sugarcane bow for you especially. Since my childhood, I have determined and prayed , that I shall be only for The Dwarakadeesh KaNNan (துவரைப் பிரானுக்கே ). Please ensure that You unite me with Him at the earliest. (4)


508.vAnidai vAzhum avvAvanarkku maRaiyavar vELviyil vaguththa avi
kAnidaith thirivadhOr nari pugundhu kadappadhum mOppadhum seyvadhoppa
Unidai Azhi sangu uththamarkkenRu unniththu ezhundha en thada mulaigaL
mAnidavarkku enRu pEchchuppadil vAzhagillEn kaNdAy manmadhanE (5)


508. ManmadhanE!, It is not fair, If The offerings that are kept by The BrAhmaNs  to give in the yAgAs they perform for the Devas  are smelt and taken by forest fox. In the same way, other than “Thirumal” ,I shall not surrender myself to any human being  . I have dedicated my body and soul to Lord ThirumAl who bears the Shanku and Chakaram on his  body.    I will not bear my life if anyone ever tries to get me married to humans. (5)


509 uruvudaiyAr iLaiyArgaL nallAr *

Oththu vallArgaLaik koNdu * vaigal

theruvidai edhir koNdu pangkuni nAL * thirundhavE nORkinREn kAma dhEvA! **

karuvudai mugilvaNNan kAyAvaNNan * karuviLai pOl vaNNan kamala vaNNath *

thiruvudai mugaththinil thirukkaNgaLAl * thirundhavE nOkkenakku aruL2 kaNday(6)


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

 509. KAmadhEvA! , with the help of the young expertise , who are well aware of the rules in the lead, I shall do the NOnbu, daily facing you on your path ,with a clear mind until the auspicious “Panguni Uthiram” day. In return, you should make the vision (திருஷ்டி) of the divine eyes of the Lotus hued Lord who has the colour of the dark black water filled rainy clouds, whose colour is like that of kAyAmpoo, and who has the brilliance of kAkkaNampoo, fall on me , and thus bless me.(6)


510 kAyudai nellodu karumbamaiththuk * katti arisi aval amaiththu *

vAyudai maRaiyavar mandhiraththAl * manmadhanE! unnai vaNangkuginREn **

thEsa munnaLandhavan thirivikkiraman thirukkaigaLAl ennaith thINdum vaNNam *

sAyudai vayiRum en thadamulaiyum * tharaNiyil thalaippugazh tharakkitRiyE (7)


510. ManmadhanE! , I shall worship you performing the nOnbu, with the help of well-versed scholars in the field chant  the hyms, and spread rice kernels and sugarcane and offer prasadam made of rice, jaggery (karuppu katti) and aval. You should help me , to make the divine hands of the Lord Thiruvikrama who once measured all the worlds, touch and embrace my body. Will  you give me this boon that will last in the world for ever?. (7)


511 mAsudai udambodu thalai ulaRi *

vAyppuRam veLuththu oru pOdhum uNdu * thEsudaith thiRaludaik kAma dhEvA! *

nORkinRa nOnbinaik kuRikkoL kaNdAy ** pEsuvadhonRu uNdu ingku emperumAn! *

peNmaiyaith thalaiyudaiththu Akkum vaNNam * kEsava nambiyaik kAl pidippAL

ennum * ippERu enakkaruL3 kaNdAy (8)


511. Oh smart and glorious ManmathanE! , consider the plight that I am in , with a body full of dirt, and unoiled hair that is let loose, my mouth and lips have become dried and pale due to the observance of the nOnbu , eating only once a day . Now please listen to what I have to say. To add glory to my womanhood ,you should try and help me get the bhAgyam of doing “PAda sEvA” to my Lord KESAVA. (8)


512.thozhudhu muppOdhum unnadi vaNangith thUmalar thUyththozhudhu EththuginREn
pazhudhu inRi pArkkadal vaNNanukkE paNi seydhu vAzhap peRAvidil nAn
azhudhazhudhu alamandhu ammA vazhanga ARRavum adhu unakku uRaikkum kaNdAy
uzhuvadhOr eruththinai nugangodu pAyndhu UttaminRith thurandhAl okkumE (9)


512. I have been praying three times a day, whole heartedly bowing my head and offering flowers at your feet. If I don’t become entitle to flawlessly serve the divine feet of “THIRUMAL”, who is blue hued like the water that surrounds the world, I will have to cry “AmmA”, in distress and with a broken heart. You will have to bear the curse for that sin. The plight that you have put me in is very similar to abandoning the ox and starving it after extracting all the work from it in the field by its master. (9)


PHALASRUTHI


513 * karuppu vil malark kaNaik kAma vELaik * kazhaliNai paNindhu angkOr kari alaRa *

maruppinai osiththup puL vAy piLandha * maNivaNNaRku ennai vaguththidenRu **

poruppanna mAdam polindhu thOnRum * pudhuvaiyar kOn vittuchiththan kOdhai *

viruppudai inthamizh mAlai vallAr * viNNavar kOn adi naNNuvarE (10)


513. In This last pAsuram Andal says, that she prayed at the feet of Manmathan, which has the kazhal, who possess the Sugarcane bow and the flower arrows. She put forth the request before him to unite her with the Lord “MANIVANNAN”, who killed the KuvalayApEtam elephant by plucking its tusk and slayed the BakAsuran bird by tearing its beak apart. She goes on to say that those who recite these ten Tamil verses strung as a garland sung by ‘’KODAI’’, who is the daughter  of PERIAZHWAR, the chieftain of SRIVILLIPUTHUR which has mountain like castles, will certainly attain the Lotus feet of Lord THIRUMAL. (10)

ANDAL THIRUVADIGALE SHARANAM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Divya Prabandham

THIRUPPAVAI - PASURAM 1

NACHCHIYAR TIRUMOZHI 14

PERIAZHWAR THIRUMOZHI.PALLANDU 1 - 1

PERIYAZHVAR TIRUMOZHI - 3.6

PERUMAL TIRUMOZHI - 9*

PERUMAL TIRUMOZHI - 7