PERIAZHWAR THIRUMOZHI (3-2)

 PERIAZHWAR THIRUMOZHI (3-2)  


anjana vaNNanai pasuram (234 -243)


 Yashodha regrets sending Krishna into the forest behind the calves.


234: aNYjana vaNNanai* aayar kula kozhundhinai*

maNYjanamaatti* manaihaL thORum thiriyaamE*

kaNYjanai kaayndha* kazhaladi n^Ova kanRinpin*

en seya piLLaiyai pOkkinEn?* ellE paavamE!* (2) (1)


234. Giving bath to the cloud hued little munchkin of AyarpAdi I sent him behind the calves for grazing, so that he doesn’t roam around the houses. His little feet which kicked Kamsa would be hurt. What great mistake have I done? Why did I  do this? (1)


235: paRRu maNYjaL poosi* paavai maarodu paadiyil*

siRRil sidhaiththu eNGgum *theemai seydhu thiriyaamE*

kaRRuththooLiyudai* vEdar kaanidai kanRinpin*

eRRukku en piLLaiyai pOkkinEn?* ellE paavamE!* (2)


235. Instead of loitering around with the AyarpAdi girls who have smeared themselves with fragrant turmeric and ruining their sand castles (சிற்றில்), I sent my son kaNNan behind the calves into the forest where hunters dwell. Why did I do this? (2)


236: nanmaNi mEhalai* naNGgaimaarodu n^aaL thoRum*

ponmaNi mEni* puzhudhiyaadi thiriyaamE*

kanmaNi n^inRadhir* kaanadharidai kanRinpin*

en maNi vaNNanai pOkkinEn* ellE paavamE!* (3)


236. I did not want my golden hued boy to make himself dirty and get covered in dust, by going after these young girls wearing waistband  (mekhalai) made of gems. But I let my sapphire coloured (manivaNNan) son, go behind the calves, into the echoing mountain forests.   Why did I do this? (3)


237: vaNNa karuNGguzhal* maadhar vandhu alar thooRRida*

paNNi pala seydhu* ippaadi eNGgum thiriyaamE*

kaNNukkiniyaanai* kaanadharidai kanRinpin*

eNNaRku ariyaanai pOkkinEn* ellE paavamE!* (4)


237. Instead of loitering around the AyarpAdi teasing the girls with thick dark tresses and they in turn come complaining, I sent you kanna, who is an epitome of beauty and hard to conceive, behind the calves to graze in the forest. Why did I do this? (4)


238: avvavvidampukku* avvaayar peNdirkku aNukkanaay*

kovvai kanivaay koduththu* koozhaimai seyyaamE*

evvum silaiyudai* vEdar kaanidai kanRinpin*

dheyva thalaivanai pOkkinEn* ellE paavamE!* (5)


238.I sent the king of God’s behind the calves for grazing into the forest where hunters roam with their bows, thinking that, only then he will not flirt behind each and every AyarpAdi girls dipping with a smile on His lips. What great mistake have I done? (5)


239: midaRu mezhumezhuththOda* veNNey vizhuNGgi pOy*

padiRu pala seydhu* ippaadi eNGgum thiriyaamE*

kadiRu palathiri* kaanadharidai kanRinpin*

idaRa enpiLLaiyai pOkkinEn* ellE paavamE!* (6)


239. Instead of mongering around doing various mischiefs  (padiRu) all around AyarpAdi, after swallowing the butter that slithers down the throat (midaRu), I sent my child for grazing the calves into the forest where elephants roam around. Why did I do such a mistake? (6)


240: vaLLi n^udaNGgidai* maadhar vandhu alar thooRRida*

thuLLi viLaiyaadi* thOzharOdu thiriyaamE*

kaLLiyuNaNGgu* veNGgaanatharidai kanRinpin*

puLLin thalaivanai pOkkinEn* ellE paavamE!*(7)


240. Instead of getting criticised by the slender waist damsels, for screaming and playing around with his friends, I sent my kaNNan, who is the lord of Garuda, to the dry, scorching forest where cacti are grown everywhere. Why did I do such a sin? (7)


241: panniru thiNGgaL* vayiRRil koNda appaaNGginaal*

en iLaNGgoNGgai* amudhamootti eduththuyaan*

ponnadi n^Ova* pulariyE kaanil kanRinpin*

enniLaNY chiNGgaththai pOkkinEn* ellE paavamE!* (8)


241. Early at dawn, I sent you, my little cub! into the woods , behind the calves for grazing, not realising how it will hurt your divine feet. Having borne you in my womb for twelve months and feeding you with my breast milk, why did I do such a sin? (8)


242: kudaiyum seruppum kodaadhE* dhaamOdharanai n^aan*

udaiyum kadiyana oonRu* vemparaRkaLudai*

kadiya veNGgaanidai* kaaladi n^Ova kanRinpin*

kodiyEn enpiLLaiyai pOkkinEn* ellE paavamE!* (9)


242.What a sin have I committed by sending my son Dhamodaran into the woods without even giving an umbrella and slippers to protect Him from the scorching heat! The sharp gravel and the hot sand would have hurt His legs while grazing the calves . Why did I do this? (9)


Phalasthuthi

243: enRum enakku iniyaanai* enmaNi vaNNanai*

kanRin pin pOkkinEn enRu* asOdhai kazhaRiya*

pon thikazhmaada* pudhuvaiyar kOn pattan sol*

in_thamizh maalaihaL vallavarkku* idar illaiyE.* (10)


243. Those who recite these tamizh verses, describing the laments of Yashodha,  for having sent her Darling son into the forest , behind the calves ,written by Battarpiran, of Villiputhur which has golden domes, will never encounter grief. (10)

Azhwar Thiruvadigale sharanam 🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Divya Prabandham

THIRUPPAVAI - PASURAM 1

NACHCHIYAR TIRUMOZHI 14

PERIAZHWAR THIRUMOZHI.PALLANDU 1 - 1

PERIYAZHVAR TIRUMOZHI - 3.6

PERUMAL TIRUMOZHI - 9*

PERUMAL TIRUMOZHI - 7